InsightSquared is seeking a Customer Content Specialist to join our Services team. The Customer Content Specialist role is responsible for producing and disseminating content for both internal and client audiences, as well as designing, organizing, and managing our product knowledge bases. They will develop the strategy for documenting technical details of the InsightSquared product, and technical reference guides. This person is responsible for improving existing articles and creating new documentation as new features are rolled out. They will work closely with the support, training and product teams to craft high-quality documentation to be used for supporting product users, and make sure that content is seen by clients across the board. As an active member of the Services team, they are an all-around champion for growing and distributing InsightSquared’s reference content as a living, breathing extension of our BI tool. This person will also be integral in collaborating on other strategic work, such as getting forums off the ground and development of multimedia customer educational content. The Customer Content Specialist reports to the Customer Enablement Manager.
- Writes technical articles to be used by end-users and support agents to configure and support a complex BI software product.
- Develops and maintains a strategic plan for improving and maintaining the existing knowledge bases (internal and client-facing), and plans for future documentation. This includes creating templates and ‘style guides’ for future writers.
- Drives the overhaul and maintenance of our client-facing knowledge base to match our brand and voice, and create a more comprehensive library. Maintains this knowledge base and performs regular reviews to keep information up to date and write new content as product changes are rolled out.
- Collaborates with support and product teams to ensure comprehensive documentation of the tool is available both for internal users and clients.
- Collaborates with Marketing/Product Marketing to produce customer marketing materials such as newsletters, drip campaigns, and Pendo guides.
- Collaborates with other teams on customer educational content and strategic work, such as Customer Forums and Lesson Plans, to ensure consistency in voice and quality.
- Audits the current Knowledge Base to prioritize documentation and organization needs
- Writes needed documentation and improves existing documentation by standardizing and enhancing incomplete reference articles
- Establishes minimum standards and templates for different types of product documentation needs
- Overhauls organization of the knowledge base using industry best practices
- Performs regular audits of the current customer library to identify documentation and organization needs
- Writes needed documentation; develops and maintains InsightSquared voice
- Maintains metrics related to the use and efficacy of the product knowledge base
- Lead and execute on customer documentation strategy
- Leads efforts to develop, write and organize new documentation for Services team and Clients as new features are rolled out, and keep knowledge base up to speed
- Collaborate with Services team to audit and improve internal support documentation and manage project to organize and enhance Confluence-based internal library
- Lead development in other strategic initiatives, including Forums and various Client Communications
- Works in conjunction with Support to lead the development of customer forums
- Acts as a strategic partner and leader in future customer educational initiatives, such as product-specific lesson plans and new knowledge base areas
- Develops customer-facing materials such as newsletter and email campaigns
Experience and Skills Required
- Innovative Writer/Communicator
- Ability to write with different audiences in mind (support team vs. customers vs. sales team)
- Able to produce variety of content, including step-by-step instructions, reference guides, “if this / then that” guides to configuring and using InsightSquared, and product-centric customer marketing materials
- Converts complex messaging into concise, comprehensive content, which may require dividing that content between several media
- Writes compellingly for spoken delivery, long-form articles, short marketing emails, or in-product tooltips
- Able to build and maintain an understanding of our product’s capabilities and typical use cases; experience with support/documentation of software products
- Organized, creative, attentive to detail
- Capable of tracking and reporting on metrics to measure success of content
- Project Management, Change Management, and Leadership Skills
- Able to lead projects with a high level of independence and ownership
- Able to lead change on “v1” systems and push the adoption of new systems internally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly collaborative and able to communicate across teams
- Database and library management
An exceptional candidate for this role has
- Experience with Salesforce.com and business intelligence applications
InsightSquared is a fast growing company that’s reinventing the way businesses are run, and breaking down the BI establishment in the process. Hundreds of companies use our tool to power improvements to their teams and bottom line.
We’re funded by a team of great investors who believe in our vision. The list includes Salesforce.com (we’re the only analytics company that can say that), Accomplice and Bessemer.
Based in Boston, MA, we are a 3-time winner of The Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" award.